Friday, January 1, 2010

hats, risotto, sopranos




Luxury on the head. Finished this little number as the final minutes of 2009 passed away. A new hat for a new year in a new city. It's jade sapphire 8-ply cashmere, a pure splurge occasioned in early december by the successful purchase of a wedding dress.

2009 ended with shrimp, lemon, and brussel sprout risotto that I stirred, stirred, and stirred. J looked on, but let me take the culinary lead. It was creamy and rich, with a fullness of flavor that I rare take the time to achieve.

We also curled up with the Sopranos, a series that we've both been keeping in reserve for a long time. It doesn't seem as immediately compelling as Six Feet Under or The Wire, shows that call you to emotional attention in the opening minutes. But we'll persevere and see what happens.

1 comment:

Maura said...

oh I'm so happy about this blog. I like seeing the projects you're working on and hearing your voice again. Congrats on finding the wedding dress. I'm excited to see it in person. and I think the Sopranos will grow on you. :) We're rewatching the Sopranos too. We're 1 1/2 disks in and I can't believe how much I've forgotten. happy new year!