Saturday, January 2, 2010

a cold

Wouldn't you know that I'd start the new year with a new cold. I went to sleep with great plans for Saturday -- an early visit to the gym, recipe planning for a dinner tonight, finishing the revisions for an article. Instead, I woke up with a nasty cold and so I canceled my gym plans and am having a quiet, if unproductive, morning.



My friend recommended that I take Molly Wizenberg's lovely book off my shelf -- a gift from another graduate school pal -- and snuggle up with it. It's wonderfully confessional and culinarily intimate. I'm in a cooking phase, an unexpected phase for me, and so her inclination toward marrying food with family narrative (a perennial interest) intrigues me. When I asked J if he thought we were in a cooking phase, he grumbled something about my need to always diagnose the present. Diagnosis or not, I think we're in a cooking phase.

As you can see here, I'm also in a winter knitting phase. I decide to tackle the entrelac scarf. It's easier than it looks, and doesn't it look cool? This is my second scarf with Noro Silk Garden and it certainly won't be my last. Bring on the chill, I'll be prepared.

And on to that damned article...

No comments: