Saturday, April 10, 2010

saturday morning

I sinned. I cheated. I peaked.

My little sister M sent me a birthday package that arrived yesterday. I should have waited the few more days until my 34th. But I didn't. In a fit a spring cleaning last night, I decided that I needed to recycle its envelop, so I had to open it. And what a lovely friday night treat! M knows my love of hot tea and hot tea that lasts and lasts. She also knows that it drives me crazy when my pot goes cold. So here's what she sent:

A teapot cozy! I've already used it twice, last night with a pot of mint and this morning with some orange pekoe. And it works -- amazingly well. My mint pot stayed warm for the better part of an hour of cleaning. This morning my pekoe stayed warm while I did a bit of saturday quilting. I'm liking the way my wall looks and thinking that perhaps I should just leave the wall like this and forget the quilt. We'll see...

1 comment:

Vivi said...

Such a pretty cozy! And did it come with the pot? cause it matches perfectly... Happy early Birthday too!