Friday, April 2, 2010

drumroll

Thank you all for your week of indulgences. All this talk about shoes has left me feeling a bit vapid, a bit vain, and really very girlie. J has been around all week and been witness to my absurdities. And so last night when I came home from work toting a fabric swatch of my dress (a swatch I should have gotten long ago) that he said looked like homespun (yikes), I realized that it never really was all that gold. It's more like dull gray. And so in surveying all the choices there really was only one that would work well: no. 8. The most modest, least exciting one of the bunch. But it was also the most comfortable. At a 1.75 inch heel, it was also perfect for allowing J to just barely stand taller (a little wedding day gift from me to him). It's also a great company, La Candadienne. I was pining for their boots all winter. And here's the best part: no. 8 doesn't go so well with my crazy rehearsal dress. I think no. 3 is going to be the winner there. So in fact I do get to keep a little gladiator spirit in my life. We'll see...

For now I'll try to spare you the gory details of interreligious wedding planning at a barn in Michigan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really loving #1 and #7.