Wednesday, February 10, 2010

i think i willed it


I crossed my fingers. I had my hopes up. I knew it was possible. Heck, it was predicted. Everyone knew it would happen. But these were all bad signs that there would NOT be a snow day. So I refused to believe. I even prepared, if only a little, for class today. At 5:30 am I sat bolt upright in bed, scurried to my computer to check. Yay. A whole day to myself for things like:

tea leaves cardigan progress. I'm teaching myself continental knitting and all the stockinette here makes for great practice. I think I've got it down, but I'm not fast at it yet and I still purl the old english way.

I'm also promising myself that I'll start to make some kind of wedding invitation decision. The little sis -- M -- is coming on Friday for the weekend (yay!) and I'm hoping to have it down to five finalists for her to help me choose.

More importantly, I'm promising said little sis that I'll get going on all my class prep for next week so that we can spend the weekend doing all the things we love: sewing with mediocre t.v. on in the background, cooking up some tasty new recipes, wandering through anthropologie, making a bunch of wedding decor decisions, brunching, you know, the good stuff.

1 comment:

Maura said...

I love these photos. Enjoy the snow! And will some up here. We haven't had enough. I can't wait to see what invite you decide on. And have fun with M!