Tuesday, April 5, 2011

a long time coming



I've been meaning to get to this project for a long time. My friend Maura has been making these -- and at one point selling them as well -- for years. Recently, I found myself in an art supply store, with a coupon in hand, and about five baby showers on the horizon (ahh, the joys of being in my 30s). I wanted a project that was less time-consuming than a sweater or a quilt, something I could whip up in no time and maybe include with an old-fashioned, store-bought present. This is the first attempt, for a baby who burst onto the scene a bit ahead of schedule. I think it needs a companion with a "gets the..." and a picture of a worm.

I intended this to have just one bird, but I accidentally dribbled paint on the side and so had to add the second purple winged thing. I'm not sure what I think, but I do have many other designs in mind, any number of which depend upon a convincing rendition of Abe Lincoln's mug.

3 comments:

Maura said...

love!!! and hooray for freezer paper stencilling!

Tara said...

So cute! Our kids have a bunch of Maura's shirts. :)

MAGGIE MIELCZAREK said...

WAIT... WHAT'S FREEZER PAPER STENCILING? Adorable!